Switch display goes black after the Nintendo logo

I will check if I can find any good guide for it. Do you have any recommendation how to do it? Do I need some special tool for it? I have never done this before.

See if you can handle the two tutorials. See what you do when you launch hekate_ctcaer_5.1.1
Also check if your console is unpatched and even if it is not, telling me if it goes in rcm mode and if it lets you launch hekate. Hope you can do it

How to Make an RCM JIG From Aluminum Foil

Is my Switch Jailbreakable? RCM + Injecting Payload Tutorial

Thanks :wink: I have a 3D printer so no problem to make a jig :slight_smile: I will try and come back to you.

I have tried now. For me with RCM jig inserted PC is always recognizing it as Nintendo switch. Tegrarcmgui remains black shows no RCm device. It is unpatched I have checked.

Finally it worked out. I could succesfully inject the hekate payload but still nothing on the screenā€¦

I think I will give it up with this oneā€¦

Ok I think the problem is from eMMC or Tegra SoC or possibly corrupt nand. I will try to make a reflow at eMMC and maybe even at Tegra SoC. You have nothing to lose. If you know how to do it and you have what it triesā€¦

Also try to change BQ24193. And he can sometimes gives the black screenā€¦:thinking:
Personally I did not meet this but I heard from others who suffered.

Maybe I will try this. This is the only chip I did not replaced yetā€¦ By the way now, because I have already injected hekate payload are there a way back to the original firmware?

Press the power button for 10 seconds. This is all. And no jig. :smile:

1 Like

BQ24193 change did not helped.

this is not goodā€¦

Hello, so I have the same issue, I have replaced both the M92T36 and BQ24193 I have also had to replace the LCD zig connector. When I boot the switch the nintendo logo shows then a black screen, I have to hold the power button and hard reset the switch to get it to do this again. Pin 5/6 both show 3.3v on M92T36, did you ever get this issue solved?

I will also add the switch is charging I have measured the voltage go up on the battery.

Just had a Switch Lite exhibit these symptoms. It came in w\ a 2101-0001 error when I booted it w\ a spare battery, replaced M9 and then it started doing the above.

I replaced BQ, no change.

Replaced M9 again and removed the USB port and it booted. Reinstalled the USB port and it seems to be charging fine

Try removing your USB ports and see what happens?

Can now report it is fully working.

1 Like

I could never solve this issue. Mine was charging perfectly. Now I already messed up the motherboard soā€¦

I will try removing the usb port tomorrow, itā€™s interesting that the console will charge though, I did notice a cap on the back of the board shorted to ground, that being said a board that was working fine also had this cap shorted

That also being said I have already removed parts off this board as it was a patched unit and the board I am trying to fix is unpatched haha

I refuse to give up on this though as there has to be a fix! I have replaced countless parts on various consoles and mobile devices, I have my own repair shop but this has got me stumped so far, I have been told in another thread I opened to check if the console will RCM and boot hekate but I have not got round to it yet, customers repairs come first and this is a side project.

let us know if removing the usb port works