Switch dock flashing green light

Hey guys, I decided to try my hand at repairing a few docks. I’ve had some success but one has me stumped. Basically, with no other cords attached, as soon as you apply a Nintendo official power cable to the dock the LED starts to blink almost right away. Like I said, no switched docked and absolutely no other cables. I inspected the board and everything looks okay. All the ports look good. Nothing is shorting that I can find yet… Any chance someone had a suggestion?

1 Like

Hey there,
first off: I have absolutely no idea about the dock.
Have you checked if the M92T36 is ok? Check Pin 5 of the IC for voltage. That chip being broken would be my first guess. But, as I said, I don’t know much about the dock.

1 Like

Mate your best bet with docks is checking a switch you know works properly with it to see if there is a fault because sometimes it can be the switch itself that’s faulty it’s what I did with mine and I did find a fault with my old dock

1 Like

Hey there,
@PinkLightning:

I guess we can rule out a faulty Switch.

1 Like

Yep definitely it should only flash green if a faulty switch is docked in it and since nothing is docked well that definitely means it’s faulty

2 Likes

I have a dock that does the same. The problem I think is from the M92T55 or M92T17 Chip NS Power Control IC on the motherboard from the dock. I measured on the board and I did not find any short of the two chips. Has anyone repaired this defect?

I measured and all chokes have continuity. Any other ideas?

I solved. First I changed the M92T55 but the defect was the same, then I changed the M92T17 and now the dock works perfectly:switch:.
So, the dock problem that quickly blinking green light was from the M92T17 Chip NS Power Control IC.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for posting the solution to this problem! People with similar problems in the future will really appreciate it.

2 Likes

Hey there,
and congratulations on your now working dock :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you very much Bro.:pray:

Yeah thanks a ton man!

1 Like

Nice one mate just done a couple with same issue…

Have any of you found what the issue is when the switch docks. Screen goes black but nothing displays on TV. I know it’s not the switch as it docks fine in other docks… Thanks…

1 Like

check fuse above P13USB

Its not the switch mate…

The switches I have dock fine on other docks.

I have about 10 docks that will not display and image on the screen. 100% a dock issue.

I’ve done plenty of repairs on the switches not displaying, changing the p13usb or the filters below.

Sorry. M92T55 or M92T17 Chip NS Power Control IC on the motherboard from the dock !!