Switch dock flashing green light

Hey guys, I decided to try my hand at repairing a few docks. I’ve had some success but one has me stumped. Basically, with no other cords attached, as soon as you apply a Nintendo official power cable to the dock the LED starts to blink almost right away. Like I said, no switched docked and absolutely no other cables. I inspected the board and everything looks okay. All the ports look good. Nothing is shorting that I can find yet… Any chance someone had a suggestion?

1 Like

Hey there,
first off: I have absolutely no idea about the dock.
Have you checked if the M92T36 is ok? Check Pin 5 of the IC for voltage. That chip being broken would be my first guess. But, as I said, I don’t know much about the dock.

1 Like

Mate your best bet with docks is checking a switch you know works properly with it to see if there is a fault because sometimes it can be the switch itself that’s faulty it’s what I did with mine and I did find a fault with my old dock

1 Like

Hey there,
@PinkLightning:

I guess we can rule out a faulty Switch.

1 Like

Yep definitely it should only flash green if a faulty switch is docked in it and since nothing is docked well that definitely means it’s faulty

2 Likes

I have a dock that does the same. The problem I think is from the M92T55 or M92T17 Chip NS Power Control IC on the motherboard from the dock. I measured on the board and I did not find any short of the two chips. Has anyone repaired this defect?

I measured and all chokes have continuity. Any other ideas?

I solved. First I changed the M92T55 but the defect was the same, then I changed the M92T17 and now the dock works perfectly:switch:.
So, the dock problem that quickly blinking green light was from the M92T17 Chip NS Power Control IC.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for posting the solution to this problem! People with similar problems in the future will really appreciate it.

1 Like

Hey there,
and congratulations on your now working dock :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you very much Bro.:pray:

Yeah thanks a ton man!

1 Like