Switch hard mod NAND dump, with Low Voltage eMMC Adapter

Hello guys

Today i did the rawnand dump, to a corrupted Switch eMMC chip. Console displays Blue Screen of Death. With the help of the Low Voltage eMMC Adapter, Transcend Card Reader and NxNandManager, i managed to do a full dump. I ordered a new 32Gb SanDisk eMMC.
The original eMMC chips also have boot partitions, respectively boot0 and boot1.
I didn’t have access to boot partitions with an eMMC Adapter and SD card reader.The controller on SD reader doesn’t support eMMC boot mode.
It must be used a SDIO controller, and the eMMC boot partitions they will be visible, but i think i can generate them with ChoiDujour for Pc and then transferred to the new eMMC on the switch, or will i buy one BeagleBone Black, SDIO interface or i’ll try a laptop that has SDIO interfaces for SD card reading.
I’ll be back with new information in a few days. I apologize for my bad English.

2 Likes

Hey there,
thanks for sharing this with us. Do you by any chance know a mfg/part number for the EMMC’s socket? Always though I wanted to layout a proper switch EMMC->SD adapter (so you don’t need to solder on the EMMC board), but never really found a place to get the socket… Any ideas?

You mean that?

Hey there,
No, I am talking about the original connector used to connect the emmc board to the Switch’s mainboard. In your images it can be seen on the far left of image 4 (bottom side of emmc pcb). The black connector.

I understand now. I didn’t see what you were saying.

Please tell me your friend who is selling this low voltage SD card

https://shop.exploitee.rs/

ok good!~!!!

Hi. Can this low voltage emac sd adapter help me move the data from one emmc module to another? I have a emmc module that needs to be reballed but i’d rather just move the data to a working one.

yes if you have a full nand dump,

But can i actually create the nand dump with this adapter? Basically I want to transfer the contents of one emmc to another without using the Switch at all, since I can’t connect the bad one (the emmc chip is completely unsoldered from the board). I was hoping to use this adapter so I can hook up directly to the chip and transfer it to another.

Also, do i need to transfer boot0/boot1? Or can I just keep the boot0/1 that will be on the donor emmc module? Looks like those are not readable with your method above.

you need to transfer boot0/boot1

Sorry, I don t get it.

With the SD Adapter to plug the EMMC direct to a PC I m only able to access one partition of the NAND?
I m not able to access the boot0 or boot1 partitions?
So I m not able to make a Full Dump of the NAND without the attached Switch?

The original eMMC chips also have boot partitions, respectively boot0 and boot1.
You didn’t have access to boot partitions with an eMMC Adapter and SD card reader.The controller on SD reader doesn’t support eMMC boot mode.
You must be used a SDIO controller, and the eMMC boot partitions they will be visible

Good morning
I have Nintendo Switch with dead NAND.
HEKATE tells me INIT FAILED.
Do you think I can read at least the PROD INFO with this reader?

Thanks

Maybe this will help you

So quick bump on this thread.

As far as I can see, the visibility of the Boot0 and Boot1 relate to the SD card controller capabilities. It appears that at least one controller (Realtek RTS5170) with Linux drivers has the ability to mount the Boot0 and Boot1 partitions.

@FXDX If you could find something with that controller, then I presume you could do a full backup/recovery?

1 Like

That’s right! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: