Switch Lite game card read error

I have a Lite which cannot read game cartridges. I have done the usual voltage and visual check of the reader itself and also tried it with a known good spare reader with no success.
The FPC connector on the main board appears to be soldered correctly, with no obvious loose pins.
I have a suspicion that the IC on the opposite side of the board to the FPC may be the culprit but just wanted to ask if any one else has had a similar problem? Karl

This sounds real dumb, but have you tried putting pressure on the connector while inserting a game card? I had a lite recently with the same symptoms, and I tracked it back down to the FPC connector being faulty (even though, visually, it appeared fine).

Just tried your suggestion, but unfortunately made no difference.
I have just reballed a chip from a donor board, but unfortunately that made things worse. With the replacement chip in place, as soon as you insert a game cart the, Switch prompts you to restart the console as an error occured. Tends to suggest to me that the origonal chip, just like the EMMC is married to SOC. It definately did not like the good, replacement chip being in place. Karl

Just done a little more research using the board layer viewer which confirms that the GCBRG HAC STD chip is the interface between the card reader and the SOC. More digging and probing required.