Switch LITE, USB broken, shorts around M92 and battery dead

And here is the other side of the board. I am not sure what the shorted components are in the eMMC area.

Did you rule out the max17050 fuel gauge chip? No shorts on the caps but there is continuity between the large pads of Q5 component. I think itā€™s a power resistor and there is continuity also on non-mariko board

Sorry for pouching a thread but Iā€™ve looked for answers else where and nothing comes close to my problem, as with this post - some of the caps I have are shorted but some of them are not, Iā€™m copied every test on this thread and replicated most of it some values are different and some caps are not short where yours are shortā€¦ did you manage to get to the bottom of this?

Switch came in for a no charge / damaged port, I applied a new port and got it to flash up charging for a split second now it wonā€™t charge at all, the pins are reading voltage from the USB C but Iā€™m not sure where else to look, could it be the MAX77620?

I reckon your Lite has a different problem than mine. I did not find the culprit causing the short yet, however it was not MAX77620.

To get some troubleshooting help, create a new post and show us what components are shorted, please.

Ye mine certainly does it was not charging when it arrive and had no charge in it for me to test, when I replaced the port I managed to get it to charge for all of 20 seconds the charge dropped to 0.18amps now its stuck on the blue screen of death I think my failure point is the APU the pins were mangled when it arrived, not even sure if it was BSoD on arrival Iā€™ve triple checked everything so Iā€™m 90% that my repair hasnā€™t caused it. I donā€™t use a lot of heat and I use low melt solder which melts are 150-190 so I stick to 200 mainly - I donā€™t trust my self with 480 temps to not melt the plastic or other parts I mainly use a soldering iron as well rather than a heat gun.

Hi, have You sorted this out? I do have Switch Lite with broken USB port and caps shorted just like in your first post. Removing M92 and BQ dont rule out shorted caps.

Hello,

I have a Switch Lite with a very similar situation. I removed top right coil what confirmed that the MAX77620H chip wasnā€™t an issue here - the short persisted on the motherboardā€™s side. I decided to inject voltage into motherboardā€™s side and sadly, Tegra started to warm up slowly what means itā€™s the main culprit here.

Hope it helps anyone.

1 Like