Switch no display, no current (0A), no short

Yes, the pins do look a little scorched, verify continuity from ribbon contact to the back of theconnectors solder joint. preferably continuity from the ribbon cables other connector/contact

Not a problem :wink:

I guess these readings are with you meter in the 200ohm scale as per your picture, as they are closer tl what i expected, good thanks!

The values are a little lower than i expected but they may be normal… i have a sneaking suspicion the max IC here on mariko and lites doubles current capacity effectively halving measurable resistane compared to original switch boards, bear with me and i’ll ask other members to confirm…but this may be fine.

You image ending in 2a02.jpeg what is that stuff on the ribbon cable? i don’t have a switch lite handy to confirm

Thank you for the quick reply, hmm so what do you think the problem is, first thing tommorow I shall measure continuity through the ribbon cable and the connector, I think that’s the digitiser which I have a new already waiting to be installed however I need to figure out what’s wrong with the switch first. Hopefully I can get to the bottom of this problem, thank you again I’m hoping you can carry helping me with this I’m learning a lot.

Sure not a problem.

It’s possible a pin is bridged on the connector pulling a rail or signal low/high. i forgot what voltage rails makes it to the digitizer connectpr but from memory it’s 3v3 and a higher voltage… i don’t want to guess, will have to double check

if you are gonna buy chips get em from mouser or digikey eBay and amazon and Alibaba will just give you headaches. I got one port from amazon that someone straight up cut with cutters off a board and was destroyed. they sold it to ma as a new product. crazzzzy

@peeper i guess i’m not alone, you can’t blame them tough, the reason i buy at there is because it’s cheaper afterall

Mouser and digikey are cheaper and the stuff actually works

Hi I’m having the same problem with my switch. Was this problem ever solved???