Switch OLED : Does not turn on after "sleep mode"

Hello
I have an OLED Switch which is causing me a problem:

It works perfectly on the Dock or normally, but if I leave it idle, for example overnight or on the dock for a while, I find it on a black screen and it’s impossible to turn it back on.

I tried holding the Power button to see if it wasn’t a bug but nothing to see.

To restart it, I have to disassemble the console and disconnect/reconnect the battery.

I changed the M92 when in doubt but it didn’t give good results.
There were two or three traces of oxidation on the connector side but everything is cleaned and I can’t find any crazy values ​​on the components.

It works perfectly well if I make it “work” and finds itself in this state only if I leave it visibly on its dock or charging.
I’m not sure where to look, hence my query here.

Does anyone have any ideas by chance?

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Perhaps a power button problem? Try and short the power button on the motherboard connector:

Short the two points that are marked by the red lines, I know that they should act as the power button, if no effect, also try to short the respective pads on the motheboard, the connector could be at fault. If this does not work, try and check the power button circuit. If it does work, then you either have a problem on the power button flex, or the connector

Hello,

It’s not a power button issue. It’s working well when i play with it. The unit doesn’t power on only when it stay on the dock and after few hours.
Thank you.

When you remove it from the dock, what happens? And when you say oxidation on the connector side, you mean which connector?

If I take it out of the dock before it goes into deep sleep, no problem. If I leave it on for several hours, I can’t turn it on again except by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.
It had a little bit of oxidation on the BQ chipset side but nothing too big.
I’m hesitant to change the P13 but I’m not sure of the usefulness…

Still, I would change the BQ, you cannot know if water entered the chip… And it seems to correlate to your problem. Also check the circuit around the BQ.

1 Like

You’re right. I’ll change it and see if it’s better after. I don’t change it because all values are ok on each pin but maybe it’s faulty when it become too hot. Thank you :slight_smile:

Update us if it works or not.

1 Like

Hi,

I changed the BQ but the problem persists. What’s more, I now have a flickering screen.
I wonder if it doesn’t come from a capacitor but not knowing the values ​​on OLEDs, I’m not sure of anything…
Thanks for the help.

The screen flickering could be the screen connector, you could have broken it, by bending a pin or something.
It is harder fixing OLEDs because there isn’t much material on the Internet relating to it especifically.
BTW, did you see oxidation anywhere else on the board?

Hi,

No, the connector is ok. It stops flickering when I screw the USB connector to the chassis… Too weird.
Still, the problem is still present and I can’t figure out where it could be coming from.
So I changed the BQ, the M92 and the capacitors around the BQ.
I’m hesitant to change the P13 and the charging connector.
I have the impression that when the console goes into “deep sleep” mode, it refuses to turn on.
The capacitors, I finally doubt because normally, when a capacitor is overloaded, you have to give it at least a few seconds for it to return to a “normal” state if I’m not mistaken except that there, you just have to unplug / reconnect the battery and it starts again instantly.

Hi,

Sorry but is someone have an idea please? I’m stuck with this Switch and i don’t understand how i can repair it.
Thank you :slight_smile:

I don’t think I’ve asked this, but have you played with it for several hours?

1 Like

Yes and it’s working well.

Have you removed the APU shield before? It has happened to me when removing the APU shield, I accidentaly damaged some traces.

I never remove the APU. I only change the ICs like i wrote , nothing else; Do you think it can be a P13 issue or an USB connector ? Thank you

1 Like

I think it’s highly unlikely, because I don’t see how it relates to the problem. Can you format the Switch? If you can, do it, because perhaps it is a software error.
This problem is really misterious.

Maybe you’re right. I try to find a hardware issue because it had a small water “damage” near the USB connector. It’s really strange because it’s working well when i play with it. It’s only in “sleep” mode.

Hi,
As crazy as it sounds, resetting the console solved the problem… So I spent all this time and changed multiple components for a simple software problem!
Thanks for the help anyway :slight_smile: