I just got back my HAC-CPU-20 board from a repair technician. The conclusion of the technician is that the board is a ‘nofix’ but I wanted to investigate a bit more.
- console does not boot (black screen)
- connected to the genuine nintendo dc adapter, the board takes only 5V
- the technician changed both M92 & BQ ics
- no short around BQ
- M92 chip was replaced several times & keeps burning
- shorts on the caps connected to VCCIN & VDDIO pins of the M92
- no short around PI13USB
- connected to a USB-A charger, the boards takes 5V 0.14A (I don’t have a USB-C current meter)
- battery is fine as it is charging on a different board and reads 4.1V
It would be great if someone could help figuring out what is the root cause of the issue.