I seem to be having an issue that I cannot find the answer to. I’ve read through what I can find on this forum and watched through all of Steve’s videos again but I’m still not sure. I’m not used to posting things so I’ll try to give as much info as I can.
I’ve been working on a Switch that I thought only needed a replacement charge port. The seller I purchased the unit from said that her kids were using it and then one day it wouldn’t turn on. Figured the battery just finally ran out and would just need to be charged up. Well, I got the charge port replaced and as soon as I plugged it in, the Nintendo logo popped up and then went to the black charge screen with a red battery and a lightning bolt next to it. I assumed it was just depleted and needed to be charged overnight. WRONG! Next morning the battery indicator was still red, and as soon as it was unplugged the Switch just turns off. I though ok maybe the battery is bad, so I plugged in a “known good battery” and the same thing happened! Nintendo comes up, then right to the charging screen saying it’s dead.
It appears like its slow charging at 0.41a, but never actually charges? Or isn’t recognizing something? I’ve tried several batteries. I’ve replaced the M92T36 chip and there was no change. There doesn’t appear to be any shorts around the BQ24193 battery chip from what I can tell.
If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you very much!