Want to start repairing some controllers what do I need?

Hello guys,
after watching Tronicsfix’s video over a year I want to start repairing some stuff myself.
I thought about beginning with ps controllers because I have some broken ones myself and they aren’t too expensive.

I already have an soldering station but I don’t have a desoldering heatgun yet.

I found one on ebay for about 30€ and I know that this one’s probably not that good but I don’t have much money in the moment so I thought this would be enough. What do you think about this?

So now to my questions.

1. What else do I need?
  2. I saw that most people use flux when soldering/desoldering but what does it do and what flux would you recommend?
  3. Last question, where can I get good analog sticks in the EU? because I feel like most of the time the sticks are broken so I need some good ones.

Hi there,
basically, i don’t think you need a heatgun to desolder stick controller, i personally use a sucking pump and do it manually. Probably it is a bit more difficult, but you can do the job easily. Something like that https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B08BFZ5WY6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . On the other side, i am not sure what kind of heat gun you have for 30€, i hope you don’t think about something like that https://www.amazon.fr/Einhell-thermique-température-réflecteur-réduction/dp/B00HT95ABE/ref=sr_1_3?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=1WHTXJ01M7JPE&keywords=décapeur+thermique&qid=1644603049&s=hi&sprefix=décapeur+thermique%2Cdiy%2C81&sr=1-3 , because this is definitely not the right way. What else do you need ? To replace stick, as i said, it is feasible only with a good iron, sucking pump and patience, you need to practice and then you will make it in not too much time. Flux helps, but in this particular job i don’t think it is mandatory. Where to get good analog stick i don’t really know, i take mine from Aliexpress, without being sure if they are genuine or not, but so far it is working me well.