Xbox One S turns off my monitor

I changed out the HDMI port.
But it goes in and out like its giving a signal then my monitor actually turns off everytime I plug back in the hdmi. The pins are all soldered on with new solder and look good. So I’m not sure what’s happening here.

Can you post a close up pic of the port and the soldering?

1 Like

Hey there,
Also, apart from the photo @tronicsfix asked about, does your monitor simply turn off without any message? Usually it says something like “No cable connected” or “No signal detected” or just something about why it’s gonna turn itself off. Anything?

Not at all. It goes in and out like it’s about to display something then my monitor is completely off. Not even a standby light.
I will get it back apart and take some photos.

Here are some photos

Last photo…there are at least 8 pins shorted together.

2 Likes

Hey there,
I’d also say that there are a few pins shorted from the photo. And, did you clean the flux off the board properly?
The monitor simply turning off without any message to me also is an indicator for a short on pins that must not be shorted.

2 Likes

I put one new port just in case and I Checked to see if I soldered anything together. But it does the same thing.
I think that past photo from before I think that was left over flux shining from my camera flash.

Hey there,
Have you measured if any of the pins are shorted out or short to GND? Doesn’t neccessarily have to be the port itself.

I have not. :confused: I’m not the handiest when it comes to the multimeter. Plus I dont have a spare board or parts. So since it might be something else I think it’s time for me to send it in. @tronicsfix

Hey there,
it looks harder than it actually is in most cases :wink:
Without wanting to run Steve’s business, I always am a bit sad if somebody gives up. But then again, knowing where to stop is also not something everybody is capable of. I think Steve’d take good care of your XBox. I think it’s great you tired!

1 Like

Well it’s telling you there’s a short and it’s shutting down the HDMI to prevent damage it’s a failsafe so check for connected pins that shouldn’t be connected pc bios’s use the same failsafe feature for cpu’s if they overheat sorry my knowledge started with computers though it probably ain’t so bad I can see failsafe’s where some can’t because it matches the cpu one

1 Like

Try replacing the HDMI chip usually if it’s not the port it’s the chip

2 Likes

Here’s the chip name and code HDMI Control IC Chip 75DP159 I took it from eBay so you should easily find it there

1 Like

ill order it tonight!! will update this post in couple days when the party comes in!

Hey @PinkLightning do you know the chip for a xbox one x model 1787? Got one here with a perfect HDMI port. I was looking but I didnt see any numbers or letters to identify the chip

Here it is mate it’s TDP158 you need a microscope to see the hdmi chips

1 Like

Thank you sir! I’ll order that as well. And thank you! I have one at work I’ll just have to bring it there. I’ll come back and post a solution when I receive parts! I appreciate the help

1 Like

I just wanted to let you know that the new HDMI chip makes the xbox work like a charm!! it took me 4 tries. i put way too much solder on that main pad. and had a hard time lining it up. thanks guys for helping me out!

4 Likes

Hey there,
wonderful, congratulations :slight_smile:

2 Likes