BSoD Nintendo Switch Lite

Bane of my life these manual ranging meters :wink: Seem to cause nothing but confusion, your the fourth person this month :slight_smile:

Can you take those measurments around M92 again incase your previous measurements were also erroneous

I’m a bit lost what your doing here, there is only one large Inductor next to the BQ IC, grey coloured and typically has 2R2 printed on it

Don’t worry I know the feeling I hate it myself it was just what I had on hand. :smiley:

As for the components no change same readings across all of them in the above picture.

I’m sorry I was measuring the 2 caps, it’s late here I’m from the UK - I don’t see any thing with 2R2 on it but when I look under my scope nothing is grey just a yellow orange colour the light I use really makes viewing unpleasant as there’s way too much glare, I think that is what is making my pictures come out all grainy.

Also I’m not that clued up on all the components so bare with me.

New measurement is: 50.8 ohms

No worries man, I’ve highlighted it in red
Inductor Highlighted

Got the measurement at 50.8 ohms

No good, basically just going to mirror this topic and ask you to remove the Inductor and see which side represents the 50.8 ohms reading

As requested inductor removed new readings in the picture. Sorry for the quality HD camera isn’t really HD cheap Chinese crap :smiley:

No worries :slight_smile:

So it would seem both readings are bad, lets try one at a time, try removing the BQ IC and see if the reading on pad number 2 goes up significantly, if it stays around the same then remove the small diode just in front of it.

On 20K number 2 reads 0.26 on 200 it reads 43.1

Is this with BQ IC removed?

If yes, then proceed to remove the diode.

Yes with the BQ IC removed, diode is the small black component yes?

Yeah thats the one :slight_smile:

With the diode removed there is no reading on my multimeter on any manual setting - it just says 1. which is OL or over reading.

That’s good :slight_smile:

What do you get measuring pad 1 of the inductor relative to ground at this point?

Pad 1 shows 20k reads at 6.3 and on 200 it reads 199

Sorry this is your pesky meter confusing again, so your measuring 20k? or you have your range on the meter at 20k?

or your measuing 6.3K on the 20k range? In which case that’s a good reading as far as I remember.

at this point, and if you were getting 6.3K. can you take those same measurments once again around M92 IC so we can see if that fault has also been resolved

Yes sorry I was using 20k range which read 6.3k ohms then I switched it to 200 range and got 199 ohms - I should of put ohms in so you know what the reading was on the meter :smiley:

Cool so that’s a good reading as far as I remember.

This is obviously just your meter limiting out, this is obviously a really bad meter as most manual ranging meters would show OL or rising and falling quickly to indicate your at your limit or no value at all, oh well, either way don’t worry about this value.

Ye I have ordered a better auto ranging meter it’s probably just stuck in the Suez Canal atm :rofl: :rofl:

Okay so everything remind the same apart from what is in blue on the picture.

EDIT: Number 9 has changed as well sorry it’s gone from OL / 0.08 ohms to 6.4k ohms / 0.08

Haha, it’s entirely possible.

ok, those readings are slightly different than what I was expecting but then that’s maybe because It’s a Lite board.

I think next step is to put the BQ IC back on and the inductor and double check and make sure that the inductor no longer reads short to ground. If it doesn’t then after you can pop the M92 IC back on, again, check you have no shorts to ground.

If all is well you can connect your battery and cable and see what the current draw is, I guess earlier you were getting 0.4A max? hopefully you’ll high current and hopefully you won’t get the BSOD :slight_smile: