Nintendo Switch 2016 stuck at second boot logo (nintendo switch logo) fast charge working

Hello. I purchased this switch described as no booting, infact it does not pass the second boot logo (nintendo switch logo), simply get stuck no black screen or other. The consol is unpatched, never been open or dropped. When I got it I noticed that it was in auto-rcm, maybe someone messed up something. Anyway I launched hekate, toke some photos and switch off auto-rcm.
I noticed that id does charge battery and fast-charge.
Can you please help me diagnosing and fixing this one? Thank you!

Launching CFW as the same results, stuck on second boot logo. Seller told me that he already tried to restore boot0 and boot1 but nothing changed ( this is why it was on auto.rcm). I think it may be hardware related. @Severence have you got any idea?

I would use linux (L4T) for checking if wifi is working.

1 Like

It seems like Ubuntu does not detect any WiFi card, is that right?

Correct. I would check the both little caps and the lines to the wifi ic left from the SoC shield.
The side down from the caps to the soc should have something close to 1 Mohms. The upside to the should have something around 10 kohms.

My guess would be the wifi ic itself.

S20220507_001

Here it is my measures for the two little caps you mentioned.
I reflowed two times the wifi IC, but nothing changed at all. Still stuck on 2’nd logo and wifi not detected in linux.

No shorts found around MT92, BQ and PI3USB main caps.
That could be “simply” dead wifi IC? Board does not seems to be bendt or shocked in any way. Never touched.

Pin 5 and 6 of MT92 both 3.3V present.

I also performed a eMMC Bench to test memory, but seems fine to me.

Uploading: IMG_6334.jpg…

What to do next? Thank you

PS, just to show you the WiFi IC area, here’s some images.
S20220507_003
S20220507_002

Your at your limit on your meter by the look of it, regardless these caps look fine

You need to swap it out, that’s with 99% certainty your issue :slight_smile:

1 Like