Nintendo Switch please help

Did you wick off all the low melt solder on this and the other IC’s and the applicable areas of the board?

Yes I wicked it off and took new solder

Ok :slight_smile:

Disconnect battery and power and ensure you have continuity from the battery connector pins on the mainboard to the various test pads above it, If good then ensure you have continuity from the middle pin to the testpad top left of the fuel guage.

Ensure you using a known good battery for testing purposes, it’s not uncommon for the wires to become unattached under the sticker after repeated handling. I do not reccommend directly soldering them to the mainboard.

Failing that @Calvin has posted a diode map for the fuel guage area, test the components surrounding it and ensure the readings approx match up.

The battery im using is new so i think its ok.

After leaving the switch a couple more hours, its running ok now.

Even if i turn it off a few times.

Hmm well i suppose if it’s your own personal console there’s no harm in using it until it next fails (which i think it will) and then performing the above steps.

glad you got it working though! even if it is just for now :slight_smile:

Thank you for all the help and good advices.
I think I’m gonna buy a broken switch to repair it with all the knowledge I’ve got😅.

(Side issue) My tv wont detect the switch but the green light on the dock is on…but i think it can be used in tablet mode…if you have another tip for this issue?