I have a switch that does not come on or charge. The interesting part, that I could not find on this forum is that the power pulses when I plug it in.
What I mean by this is that if I watch the leftmost battery wire vs ground, when the switch is plugged in, I see a bump in voltage to about 1.5V about once per second, then quickly back down to 0.
The 2nd to the left battery wire has the same behavior.
When I disconnect the battery, and test the voltage between any combination of black and red wires from the battery, it is 0.0V.
I have a USB current/voltage/power meter. When I connect it in-line to measure the signals, it continually resets. I suspect this is due to the pulsing, so I can’t get a good read on the signals.
I have no reason to suspect anything is wrong with the charger. It is the original one that came with the switch and never had an issue. It did not go through the washer.
I’ve checked all the capacitors around the major chips as best as I can on the exposed side of the board (with the back plate off), and I observe no shorts.
The history of the switch is that it went through a front loading washing machine, so water and shock damage are expected. I had it apart minutes after the wash cycle ended, drying out, with a fan blowing on it. I do not observe any corrosion as I’ve seen from other videos and images, although I haven’t taken the motherboard completely out of the housing, as I’m a little nervous about damaging the flex cables if I don’t have to.
Has anyone observed this pulsing voltage before? I don’t have a spare battery to test with to see if it behaves the same.
What’s my next move?