Charging but no display or dock image no shorts

Changed both resistors and while I was at it I changed the diode from my new donor board (had graphical issues) and the screen now works properly. Kind of wished id left the diose till after the resistors to know if the diode would be a suitable replacement but hey ho.

Problem is the switch still doesn’t boot normally. I can put it in RCM mode and biskeydump displays all the keys etc which is good.

What would be the next steps now do you think to find out why its not booting properly? I don’t know the history of this as cannot trust the person I bought it from, told me issues but that it hadn’t been opened. Got home with it and had missing components and obvious signs of prior work so could be software issues, banned or anything in between.

I’m no expert on this end of things, but as you are able to run payloads I would run hekate and see if anything looks out of place when you run tests for various things like the emmc / fuel guage etc.

Thanks, this is the first time I have tried Hekate and am nervous about messing somethin up however, I did do a backup of the EMMC and keys in Hekate last night, that seems to be fine. There are 10 burnt fuses recorded on it but not sure how to tell what version of the OS is installed to check if there is a mismatch there.

Where do you go to check the fuel gauge and is there anything else I should check / backup?

I think fuel gauge is under “Battery Info”. I guess you should also check its not just in AutoRCM ?

See pic with info, looks ok to me I think - excuse the bad display, it is a bad screen as works fine in another housing but that one has a touch issue so using this one for testing, it does clear up after being on a bit

Yeah, battery looks ok to me. Did you check for AutoRCM?

yes, that is off. Do you know how to check what version of ofw is currently installed so I can check against the burnt fuses as may have a mismatch as tested this emmc in another switch before I realised you shouldn’t

Hmm, not sure in hetake, but you can definitely get it from your backup and keys on a PC. I tihnk you use HacDiskMount.

Great news :slight_smile: I’d hazard it was the resistors as the diode spec was pretty on par with the original, though it would be good to know for sure

It’s the other way round that would cause the problem, putting another switch EMMC on this particular board has the potential to burn the update fuse on the SoC.

You can open up the boot0 partition from the EMMC backup you made in Hekate in NXNandManager and check the OS version and compare that to the reported burnt fuse count in Hekate and see if it’s a match with the chart here

If it’s not a match, you’ll likely be able to use Daybreak to update the OS

Are the symptoms black screen and no boot logos when attempted to boot stock (no jig) ?

Thanks, see below screenshot, looks like 9.1 but should be expecting 8.1, is that right?
Also, it says autoRCM enabled but in Hekate it says its not?

What it the reported burnt fuse count in Hekate?

Pretty sure this is a bug of NXNandManage, reckon if Hekate reports it’s not in autoRCM it’s probably not

reported 10 burnt fuses which is 8.1.0

Oh I see you posted already, yeah the burnt fuse count is indicating the OS version should be version 8.1.0 expected on the EMMC, which doesn’t make a lot of sense tbh unless somebody has updated the OS on this EMMC via atmosphere (CFW)

I would attempt to load a CFW yourself which will bypass the fuse check and provided there is no other faults allow Horizon to boot

I dont think I have but just on the offchance how would I know if I had mixed up the EMMC and this wasnt from this switch?

If I load Atmosphere, it wont do anything that could stop me using this as a normal online switch is there?

Also, what is Horizon?

Thanks

Just to be doubly sure, can you load up the prodinfo partition from the EMMC in NXNandManager (you will need to add your bis Keys for this) and check the reported OS version here too

Biskeydump would throw an error with red box around the smiley face and produce no/invalid Biskeys, and/or the keys would fail to decrypt the encrypted partitions in NXnandmanager (it would throw an error)

I wouldn’t be connecting it online until after we’ve got the fuse count in line with the OS version, afterwhich I’ll detail how to fully wipe the system, though, if the previous owner has used CFW on sysnand online it may well be already banned but we’ll see

prodinfo partition - dont know if device id is specific or not so hid it

Yeah, provided biskeydump didn’t throw an error (indicating the EMMC is paired with this board) I think somebody has updated the OS on Sysnand via a CFW, I’d load up atmosphere (on Sysnand) then I’d go through the update process using either Choidujour or Daybreak offline, but we’ll get to that if a Atmosphere CFW/HOS loads up properly

That all being said, the update fuse should burn to whatever (higher) OS the EMMC is on (without the jig and autoRCM disabled) so don’t really know why that’s not happened in your case.

little stuck here. Tried latest release of Atmosphere with the fusee bin and get stuck on nintendo switch logo. Tried in Hekate launching custom firmware on SysEMMC and it goes to a black screen. Sorry, I have never loaded custom firmware before so may be missing a simple step here?

Tried the latest files from SDSetup and followed the guide, booted to hekate and launched cfw from sysemmc and the screen backlight went off again. Tried launching fusee and it also turned the backlight off. Could the emmc software be corrupt or something else?

Is it the first Nintendo logo or the second logo? and does it lock up on this logo or does it eventually turn off/black screen after a period?

Before we start to delve into investigating whether this is an OS issue (which is possible given the strangeness of the OS ver/fuse count) and if it was halting at the second logo, I would first start by running L4T Ubuntu and see if Wifi networks show up etc to rule that out