Nintendo Switch doesn't power on/weird charging

Done it. Thanks. One question: I only found one schematic for the esd near usbc port (which is fine), but are there others diodes like this on the board?

OPSY :sweat_smile:

I’ll go searching for them :slight_smile: but even if i don’t have any installed doesn’t it suppose to make at least the sound of inserting/removing a device?

Tried. Still nothing :frowning_face:

Wait. My bad. Now it’s working. I had to turn on before and then plug in on pc. Tegrarcm recognised it. I’ll search a micro sd and boot into recovery soon

OK, Hekate payload will stil boot in text only mode without SD. If you don’t get a display, then try the Biskeydump or Memloader payload.

If you still don’t get a display, then i strongly suspect LCD connector or LCD.

If you get detection with USB in both orientations then diodes are likely not your issue.

As in turn the console on with the power button? if yes then stongly suspect USB and/or USB pin.pad issues

Same diode on the front of the board near USB connector, you should have the same readings as the rear

Just to make sure I’m not completely wrong and tripping down a rabbit hole myself :stuck_out_tongue: what was the temperature you recorded on the Max IC (you may have to calibrate your thermal camera relative to ambient depending on the make model)

Ok booted without sd card and gave me a yellow “failed to mount sd…” so screen works :slight_smile:

Got detection only on one side. Even a bad soldered usb can make this or are just the diodes?

Don’t remember. I checked again:
31° Celsius , yeah now that you made me notice this i think it’s normal

Good news :slight_smile:

I thought it displayed the “press any key to boot into text only” if i’m remembering right anyway.

Give it a try with the files on an SD and see if it will boot, but first check you have no bent pins on your SD connector on the board. If Hekate still shows that message then we may have to check a couple of rails.

Could be either/or, a bad diode on one side of the board or the USB pins, either row.

I think that’s because in the hurry i booted the switch without sd card slot :slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe i’ll check again diodes. But knowing me i think it might be just a bad usb soldered

It booted in hekate, but then i could not proceed because touchscreen isn’t working

Also seems like it can’t detect if battery is charging or not, neither the percentage

Check your GC PCB connector and digitizer connector on the GC PCB, make sure all pins are present and none are bent, check the GC PCB connector isn’t bent and is straight, it’s common for it it warp when mashed in incorrectly…being a blind connector and all

1 Like

This could be as a result of the USB or one of the diodes or even M92, wait until you’ve verified the USBC. Will know more when your able to enter the battery info page in Hekate.

Fuel gauge and/or battery connector is a possibility i suppose

1 Like

The connection before was bad indeed. Thanks.
Now I m finally in :slight_smile: . Made a photo of the battery info, need photos of something else?

It would seem that your fuel gauge is bad.

is this with USB power connected?

Nop, should i make another photo of the battery with usb plugged?

Yeah you can do and i’ll have a look

Seems the same

did you try this with both USB orientations?

If yes and the page looks identical, then i think you have two seperate faults, one with the fuel gauge and two with USB, or with M92 IC

Yes, tried now, no changes, the photo is with the orentation that makes the switch noticeable with tegrarcm

yeah, i think first, disconnect power and verify your diode readings on the other diode top side near USB, if they measure fine (same as the other one) then it’s likely the USB or M92. You should resolve the fuel gauge last.

You might have already done this, but can you take a photo of your fuel guage IC (behind the battery connector)

1 Like

Before I didn’t find any schematics for these, do you know perhaps where can i get them?